domingo, 29 de maio de 2011

Studying and working (and living) !

Life is not just playing. Life is, above all, working hard and gaining experience for sharing and working harder. Yes, we work harder and harder because we want to grow up as friends, as mothers, fathers, sons and daughters. We want to grow up as students, because we are students for all our life. 
That's me now: working hard and studying a lot, trying to write my technology doctorate dissertation. Hours and hours sitting in front of the computer, writing, reading and thinking. Hours spent reading technology books with a highlighter in my hands. I do that at home, in the library (at UFMG), in the doctor's office (while I'm waiting for my time), on the bus (while I'm going to the dentist's downtown). I do that everywhere. I carry books, pens and notebooks with me wherever I go. No, I'm not neurotic, I'm just studying a lot, and that's making me see life in a different way: a wiser (and technological) way.
What about you ? How have books been present in your life now ? How have you spent your "studying time" ? As I'm away from you, my students (and some friends) now, I want to hear from you in this blog !

Luciana



Um comentário:

ENGLISH .COM disse...

Hi Lu, It's nice to know that I'm not an "alien", there is more one like me.At least, similar to me. But, in fact, when I'm not studying or reading anything I have the sensation that I'm losing sothing. At home I try to set up some time to my family and to myself although when I figure out, I'm in any way studying/reading something. On the other hand, by the fact I ride a motorcycle I cant't read while driving it, but I'm testing riding and listening some lectures with my mp3, dangerous? For sure, but I'm an 'info-addicted'. See You Lu!